The Human-Animal bond.
Four simple words that mean the world to anyone who has chosen to share their life with a companion animal. If you have never experienced it, no one can explain it to you. If you have experienced it, you know how how rewarding, satisfying and just plain ol' happy-making the bonds can be. This page is dedicated to celebrating animal lovers and the tender videos, stories, poems and such that attempt to communicate the warmth and love that we share with our pets.
Pet Tales: Paralyzed therapy cat
inspires patients. To read more,
click on Scooter in his K9 cart.
This is Puddin, a cat adopted from a
rescue organization in Dec. 2006
This is Puddin in October 2009, after
most of her teeth were extracted
and she was put on a special diet
to address her food allergies
I rescued a Human -a poem A Pet's 10 Commandments-with music
Book Reviews: Best books we've read lately (if you know of another, please let us know about it):
1. Marley & Me by John Grogan- all the joys, frustrations, challenges and emotions of life's journey with the "world's worst dog"
2. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by his person, Vicki Myron-A real life story about Mr. Dewey Readmore Books
3. Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien- The remarkable love story of an owl and his girl
4. Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper- the once-in-a-lifetime story of an extraordinary blind cat who refuses to accept limits on love, ability, or hope.
5. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell- Considered a classic in children's literature (it was written in 1877) this story about a 19th century horse's life outwardly teachs animal welfare, but also contains allegorical lessons about how to treat people with kindness, sympathy and respect.