- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Growing up with pets: A parent's resource for raising happy kids with healthy pets
- Dr Sophia Yin- How dogs learn PA 12 minute video to teach you how to train your dog or puppy to be well behaved.
- Indoor Pet Initiative These pages provides guidelines for meeting the fundamental physical and behavioral needs of companion dogs by The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Madicine.
- Virtual Animal Behavioralist Click on the dog, enter the problem behavior you want to manage, and find out what to do
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Introductions: Dogs to babies, New dogs to current dogs, dogs to cats
- Purina Dog Body Condition How to determine if your pet is overweight, underweight or just right
- How to take care of your dog Short videos to help you medicate your dog by giving a pill, giving an injection, applying flea/tick prevention, brushing their teeth, giving a bath, trimming nails, and how to check to see if your dog has fleas or ticks, or take care of your dog's coat . If your dog is at risk for ticks, but he is already on other oral medication for fleas, consider a Scalibor Protection Band available thru our Vets First Choice home delivery pharmacy.
- Dog licking his paws or getting itchy? Check this site to see what pollens may be making your dog itchy.(Remember that fleas are the major cause of itchy pets, even if you don't see them. Treating for environmental/Atopic allergies makes the assumption that you are using a veterinary prescribed/recommended flea preventative product as directed by your veterinarian.)
- Diabetes Mellitus Center for owners of pets that have been diagnosed with Diabetes.
- In-Home Pet Euthanasia Directory- A national directory organized by state for this sometimes much needed service.